Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Poetry In Motion: Another Year, Another Me



HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO ME! Six days have passed since my twenty-seventh natal beginnings. Honestly, I don’t feel any different from my prior age nor the age before. Of course, there were changes in physical features, maturity level, augmentation of responsibility, more facial hair, less wrinkles (well…) but one thing has changed since my climactic age of twenty-five, my evolutionary stages of writing.


Since, my young tender start of introducing pen and paper on a daily basis, I’ve become increasingly better at formulating words and sentences to this date and still have room to improve. So, it’s another year, another me, rather, new year, new me, and the only path is forward and always aiming for better!


I leave you with a poem dedicated to the notion of new beginnings:


"Born Day"

A star was born
Illuminating amongst many to shine with thickened smile

Under the moonshine of God’s light

To transcend to a new life

To land within the womb of my mother's belly

Strickened with the yearn for my first breath.

A sip of strife a waits at the end of the tunnel

Yet a hunger for more is insatiable for worldly desires

Feed me all until my stomach fills with a glee of hope

Wash away the sin that needs cleansing with soap

A special miracle has affected all that he has touched
Ranging from family to friends
It's all trust.
A single entity is born to experience the same emotions as all of us.
We gather here today to celebrate
Unique amongst the rest

Equal amongst the best
No more
no less

One me with no contest
My born day was the initiation of life's test.
Another day on the planet we share.
Much success and lov
e as the years come.


Jeff L.

Smock Salute!


No comments:

Post a Comment