Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Weather The Storm


No, that is not my home partially submerged in the depths of nature’s buoyant and tempered behavior. Unfortunately, it was the property of a close and anonymous person that suffered from the storming rage ensued by her ire.

Irene affected all of us, in more ways than others. Luckily for most of us in the northeast region, we avoided the potential catastrophe that would have left thousands of us devastated by its trail of omnipotence. Through the graces of God, or nature’s sudden change in mood, it downgraded into something less threatening, endurable, and something to be thankful, ironically. In times of bad weather and levels of darkness, a glimpse of light shined through the murky clouds. Possibly, we took it for granted.

This weekend, I spent my fun-filled and productive two days with close family by which I don’t see too often. To sum up my experience, we drank, socialized and watched movies as well as I reviewed some construction drawings, read and wrote; it was somewhat refreshing. I took time for myself as well as others, devoting a part of me and sharing our concealed fear of what was to come, also, enjoying what we already had, each other. Also, its another historical event added to my personal and hand written memory.

The newly formed tropical storm with high expectations brought us closer together. I am thankful for one less tree leaning on my house like it’s my best buddy and for all the ones that shared their concerns.

I Smock Salute!
Jeff L.

No comments:

Post a Comment