Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

On To The Next One


“I’m on to the next, on to the next”

As you can already see, I am a Shawn Carter fan, and proud of it for many reasons unbeknownst to a few that don’t know me. He is an influential figure to pop culture and fans as well. I attempt to model my life as his but different parallels, in my own way; we possess different levels of aspirations but agree on the success that needs to be achieved.

Yesterday, I came to a clear-cut epiphany that stood face to face like my inescapable reality. Yes, I have achieved much for an adult of my caliber. But, there is still that concealed sense of emptiness that lingers. It shows its weary presence at a moment of weakness and slowly consumes you. I didn’t ask for it, but hell, we all go through it sometimes in our life, that feeling of incompletion that hasn’t been fulfilled. Naturally, I wrote about what was on my mind at the time and it was relieving, at least for the moment. So, I came to a definitive decision to move “on to the next one”

How is that defined? It can mean anything that motivates oneself to the next step. In turn I will proceed to move harder towards something more worthwhile than my present mediocrity. That’s easier said than done but it all starts with the initial thought, then extends to the first step and eventually graduates into a routine that is arduous, laborious and demanding, but is worthwhile in the end of the road.

Mediocrity is fine and dandy for a few, comfortable like a full sized mattress. Excellence is success designed in the form of a king size bed. I don’t mind striving for that. So should you, if you choose.

“World can’t hold me. Too much ambition.”

Jeff L.

Smock Salute

No comments:

Post a Comment