Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Yearly Writ’s. Annual Annals.




September 12th, 2011, to me, is just as important as the 10-year anniversary of yesterday. Why? As a writer, as Michael Bloomberg put it, we gave the tragedy meaning, interpretation, and understanding to what transpired a decade ago.

The calendar this year and calendar’s past - the months and days it represents, reverberates through me, not by passively looking at days that are now past, but by actively remembering what I was going through.

A decade ago today, I was all sorts of inspired by the events that transpired in my hometown. I look back at my writings. The years between 2001 and 2011 have been no different. And it’s not only 9/11 – it’s anniversary’s, birthdays, break ups, etc.

As a writer, you can use these highs and lows to not only be internally inspired, but to also gauge how far your writings have come.

What inspires you most to write?

Until next time.

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment