Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Poetry In Motion: Summer To Fall


"Dear Summer. I know you gon miss me. For we been together like Nike Airs and crisp tees" ~ Shawn Carter

And the feeling is reciprocated in return as summer has left its bright temperament behind as Labor Day weekend has passed. Technically, the season isn't over, but it sure feels like it. You will seem far away like the sunlight shined beyond the end of an overpass. Memories have been recorded to cherish the passing of the seasonal year. Now we prepare for transition into falling leaves and dreary days of rain and cold winds. No more sun tans, only occasional sweaters and rain coats.

I am comfortable with that because around this time, my focus is put into high gear in latter months. I have a lot of ideas, new goals and projects to embark. So, it should be a good coming of the autumn. Stay Tuned!

"Morning Fall"

Awoken...
by the silent whisper of the day
No sunshine shines my way
It speaks with no say
Involuntarily, I awake with a mission that leads a stray
The rain continues to pour leaving a trail of tears
A pathway to a gate of misery
I opened the door with no expectations
Another day in the life of destitution and plight
The season is here
It resembles the mood of the past year
Soon, nature will fall, leaving a trail of broken tips in front of me
Such cloudy days that block the sun
No warm embrace shall hug me today
I have to reach in order to touch the mighty star of grace
If I fall, my life is over come winter
I must leave the floods behind in order to reach the bright of summer days
See you until next time
I refuse to fall come morning's autumn

Jeff L.
Smock Salute

No comments:

Post a Comment