Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Write Or Fight?!?


“So the pen is mightier than the sword my lord” ~ Shawn Carter

Unbeknownst to some, recognized by a few, under the radar amongst a majority, lies a historical war between weapons of honor and destruction. Somewhere since the beginning of time, penmanship and swordsmanship have clashed in a constant fight for superiority. In my view, I’ll take the side of the one that is legal, readily available, and understands me more than its yang counterpart.

I woke up yesterday getting ready for my usual weekday routine. Spontaneity hit me from yonder as a well recorded lyric (see above) played inside my head. It had me thinking for that moment.

Let’s view how far history has taken us:

They are quite synonymous in some ways:

“My sword and shield

A weapon used to etch my violent emotions onto my enemies

Also leaves my signature like Zorro

A shield used to protect my inner being

Colors and engraver that are marked in order to expose its true beauty”

Jeff L.

Both involve physical activity when wielded against your opposition, whether paper or person. It is as dependent on you as you are to it. Vicariously, you are one in the same.

The sword is clearly a weapon of choice by which resembles a sense of honor utilized for destructive purposes dependent on the user. It has existed beyond the French-Indian War and American Revolution to combat for territorial purposes. It has one common goal, to injure and worst, end your existence. The outcome never changes. Someone is at risk.

The pen is a weapon of internal release therapy. It understands you better than anybody else. It’s more intimate towards your feelings and can never steer you wrong because in a sense, you are always (w)rite. Also, it is the source of documented declaration of our founding nation (The Declaration of Independence) and control of all media (newspapers, magazines, scripts).

I think it is unanimous on who the winner shall always be. If you don’t know, than…

You choose: Write or Fight?

Jeff L.

SMOCK SALUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment