Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Poetry In Motion: Sunrise To Sunset


"Sunrise To Sunset"

The window glares as the sun peaks through
Once again, I have been missing you
Another day as the sun rises to greet me with sweet delight but only to create a cringe within
Your bright yellow star smiles only to light up my own
I embrace you ray and you slay me with your colorful array
My warm sheets cover what's beneath, only to prevent the coming evening
As days pass, the night makes its grand entrance
You slowly walk away into the cold vastness
What was once bright is now dark
I looked into the horizon, just to peak beyond the incomprehensible future
You turned your back
And I will do the same with cold shivers
What thoughts lye are memories to cherish with a bright future
I can't bare your magical act
I can bare to see you once more
The rain shall fall for myself to embrace forever more until your return to the sky
I will be a new until your new sunrise returns
My sunset is no different as I turn away from your light
I'm sorry that I must explore new days on my own

Jeff L.
Smock Salute

2 comments: