Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Poetry In Motion: Time

Mr. Nice Watch

"Time"

I have only one life to live
I have no time to relive
Time won't stop like the watch on my wrist
Always clockwise
Never counterclockwise
Always right on time
Never wrong and late
The days starts at midnight
Never at noon
When the time stops
That means your life has ended too soon
I have no time to lose
Never old
Always brand new
No pendulum in the room
Seiko, Fossil, Tag
The better the quality
Longer the life span
Sometimes breaks
But can always be fixed
It can never be replaced
I don't need encrusted diamonds on my wrist
The mechanics within the watch is all I need to live
The important one is the battery
It keeps me going like the Energizer Bunny
Time flies when you live on a timeline
Cherish each second as if your life is on the line

Jeff L.
Smock Salute!








No comments:

Post a Comment