Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Growth.

Smock Salute Jeff has inspired me to take an overdue trek into my old journal entries. Although my style has changed DRASTICALLY, I find my 16-year-old self hilarious. Here is one of my pieces about a fast food confrontation junior year of high school. :)

Fast Food (Slow Diss)

as the skinny girl
next to me in Mcdonalds
grilled my
#2/ 2 cheeseburger meal

I explained to her anorexic ass
that there were
children
starving in Africa
and she shouldn't
waste those fries

she
having the nerve
staring at my belly
to ask
"are you eating for all of them?"

having no energy to fight
as the negroitis hit me
i said,
"trick don't let me write a poem about you"

_________________

hey fat girl, thick mama
let me holla for a dolla
let me love you like no other
never treat you like my mother

the cries of ignorant men
as i grace the streets
of NYC

because their's no beauty
in just being black no more
there's just beauty in
being three's or fours

preaching to the meatless girl beside me
i stated,
intelligence is something we woman don’t strive for
because men are scared of challenges
so we avoid sandwiches

but not me
denzel washington couldn't get me off KFC
and no i will not give back my DD's
or chubby cheeks
and as many diets and exercises
i've done
i never lose the bones you see

always coming to the conclusion
that if my aunts, mom, and grandma are
im genetically inclined to be
a full figured woman

i've come to love my figure
and no man or TWIG
will take that away from me

and the skinny chick rolled her eyes times three
but before she could throw her tray away
i took up her fries
and made for the door to leave.

-Riva
Smocker Deuce

No comments:

Post a Comment