Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Poetry In Motion: Take A Walk Through Memory Lane



I have undergone on a new project that has involved myself running through my poetic anthology selecting my personal favorites and best. As I surfed through a few of them, each piece evoked partial emotions once felt in the past, locked away in my notepad just to revisit me like the ghost of Christmas past.


“Now Let me take a trip down memory lane” ~ BizMarkie


I have embarked on a journey through memory lane by which involved the intricate dissections of metaphors once comprehended (not all, but a few). Travelling within my formerly past emotions, some joyful and ecstatic, some sad and glum, reignited sparked memories and feelings. It’s a trip but the beauty behind such a walk longed traveled is that they stick like self-inscribed concrete memories that will forever be etched and imprinted in cement, never to be forgotten as they lay on my shelf over a long time span.


“A moment lasts all of a second, but the memory lives on forever” ~ Unknown


Looking back, my growth as a poet has evolved gradually through the process of consistently writing everyday and reading by which we all know enhances our imagination and vocabulary as well. Thanks to these contributors, I have become the poet of today, still growing like the lane yet seen from a distance, with more brick paved memories waiting ahead.


“I’m looking forward to the memories of right now” ~ Drake


Jeff L.

Smock Salute

1 comment: