Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Usefulness Of Dictionary.com

Within my excursion of reading and writing, I have carried a useful tool to aid my comprehensive meaning of certain “diction” that never seen before my eyes until the moment they pop their dreary texts before me in conversation or the page of a book. With the help of this facile accessible tool, it can solve wonders behind words and sentences. My resourceful instrument for these preconceived grammatical enigmas is dictionary.com.


As we already know, a dictionary is a great and handy tool to carry. Rarely, readers and writers carry hard or soft copies, so the best and easy way to carry your own personal dictionary with no physical effort is to download the application. Since technology is an increasing norm, it can be downloaded on your cellular phone or simply, accessed through its website.


I find dictionary.com very resourceful. It provides the definition of a particular word along with its synonym and antonym. When encountering an unfamiliar word, usually, I go directly on my phone application to find the meaning behind it. The same goes for writing as well. Instead of repeating or using a boring word that is commonly known to others, I have a tendency to spice it up with a synonymous word that brings additional flavor to the body of work.


Daily, I have been jotting numerous definitions (“Word Of The Day”) in my own personal notebook for over a year to utilize them for future encounters in books, conversations and writing. Percentagewise, I most likely retain ten percent as opposed to the remaining ninety. Albeit memorizing the same words over a long period time, I still left with something knowledgeable for future encounters. Remembering a few is better than none at all.


Here are other useful ways to utilize dictionary.com aside from collaborative efforts between reading and writing:


Ø ENHANCED INTELLECT & FORMAL DISSERTATION: When having formal conversations with your peers, they will be easily impressed by the above average usage of vocabulary and punctuality.

Ø ENHANCED COMPREHENSION: When surrounded by those that feel intellectually superior, you can comprehend and possibly counter attack with surprising words that are least expected.


Jeff L.

Until Next Time, Smocker Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment