Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Messy Mondays: One Less Smocker.


I know this post is coming a bit later than usual. However, I've been running around like crazy trying to get my mind right for my vacation this week. Speaking of vacation, you may notice that it's me--Riv--instead of Ralph on the 1's and 2's this Monday. Ralph is on a short hiatus in the great FL, but he'll be back in full effect sooner than later.

The smockers met up at Panera once more--sans our huge breakfasts' which was replaced by HUGE conversation. Jeff is working on choosing pieces worthy of a poetry compilation, Thierry is coming along great with his graphic novel development and even looking for an illustrator, and Ralph and I are working more than diligently on our manuscripts. Smockers were a FORCE this week!

Our topic was change for the week and everyone had an incredible way of penning evolution. Theirry shared an emotional piece on how a tragic event revolutionized his entire world, Jeff shared a piece he wrote at the start of the New Year in his Shakespearian wonder, and I shared a piece about a negative change happening in someone I love.

After short contemplation on our pieces, we exchanged banter of change and evolution within all of our lives. Relationships, interests, rocket scientists, the past and so many more topics lingered near our table of discussion.

Although its only been a few months, I feel like we've become a little writing family. The fact that things flowed smoothly sans Ralph proved this to me. Smockers unite? Word(s)

-riv-

No comments:

Post a Comment