Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Maximizing Your Efforts

If I have one major enemy in my efforts to keep up with my fellow smock members, it's time.
When one spends an average of ten hours a day at work with no lunch breaks, it tends to have an adverse affect on one's other pursuits. It's not something that is impossible to accomplish though. It just takes a little planning.
The first thing I would recommend doing is to unplug. I've decided that from now on, I will turn my cell phone off whenever I'm writing. Our phones are everything that our computers used to be. The influx of of e-mails and social media updates are enough to distract anyone undertaking a task that requires their upmost attention.
Setting a time limit is also a very important step in making time to write. If you schedule something with a certain amount of time to accomplish said thing, you will have extra incentive to finish in a timely manner. This can also help with the quality of your writing as it would force a writer to be concise.
The final suggestion I would make would be to plan ahead. Whether it be a short blog post like this one or the next chapter in your novel, having a plan of attack will help focus whatever you're working on. I used all of these methods in creating this blog post and it's paid dividends in allowing me to write this quickly and effectively.

Happy Writing
Thierry
Ghostsmocker!

No comments:

Post a Comment