Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Poetry In Motion: Tranquility Of The Ocean's Calm


The summer is here! Well, technically not – June 21 but the weather states otherwise. My summer started three weeks ago and this past Memorial Day weekend was fun primarily in the sands of Long Beach, NY.


I spent it with newly self-acquired alias, Beached-Out Smock Ralph at the beach, the home of white sand, pacific Atlantic, diverse people, tilted umbrellas, picnic/beach items, etc. Of course, I can’t forget the universal bright light from above, the sun that surveys all that crosses its ubiquitous sight. By which made the days inspiring for writers like myself.


The great thing about the beach is its serenity and open ocean view; a lot of work can be accomplished with minimal distractions from the environment. Hence, reading and writing can be almost best accomplished under these conditions, if available. My days at the beach were well needed and resourceful for my state of mind, and accomplished scribing and reading. There will be more days to follow as the season of summer has yet to set foot.


Upon my wide view of ocean’s calm, I noticed something deeply beyond. Everything is noticed at a close range like the tidal waves, but further towards the horizon, things seem less clear, yet something exists like the ships shrouded in mist. Then I thought to myself, I want to be out there. Not swim out there of course, but see farther in relation to life, writing, personal growth, and success. That’s where I want to be.


So I leave you with a poem based on the tranquility of the ocean’s calm; where and what we all should achieve.


ENJOY!


"Oceanic View"

The open sea is where I want to be.
Free from tyranny.
Free from the obscenity.
Let me ride the wave that casts the tide over society's wrath.
I want to escape,
riding into the dolphin's path.
I want to escape into the open ocean's bubble bath.
Lying inside the grand tub of God's flooded tears.
So crystal clear as the sun reflects its smile upon its plane.
Calm, cool, and aggressive as the tidal wave descends upon all comers.
Hot summers and cold winters affect it's mood.
Also, all swimmers too.
Regardless, such a beautiful view,
gazing into the body of ocean's view.


Hope everybody catches some sun and tan at the beach, you know that I will!


Jeff L.

Smock Salute

No comments:

Post a Comment