Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Messy Monday’s – 5/29/11




On a sunny Sunday, we met in the air conditioned enclosed confines of Panera Bread (Again.) We agreed collectively to start having our meetings the beach, at least for the summer.

Again, the Smocker’s individual adventures were productive. Blue has had some editing work to do that flourished this week. Jeff has been writing new poetry entries daily. Erica has been unusually productive, juggling multiple projects in poems, manuscripts and other things. I had a productive week myself. I wrote two chapters of my manuscript, as well as worked at my first ever book proposal.

We all read our works on last week’s topic, FEAR.

Jeff read a poem called “Inner Peace”.
Blue read a poem from one of her vintage notebooks entitled Pressure.
Erica wrote a piece called “Professorship Underground”.

I wrote a piece that tied into my punching bag post from last Thursday, entitled Fear – “A Slice of My Emotion”, inspired by seeing my punching bag (ironic right?) Here is the piece in it’s entirety:

“PINO!!!” She said, shouting with alacrity.

Ricardo alluded she was coming. Jeff wanted to know how I felt. I’m still trying to answer that question myself.

The uneasiness was evident. THE FEAR WAS CLEAR.

It went into my ear, resonating like never before. For it was after the fact, the fiction of us two being one. For fun, she was one that was in the business of finding pleasure in St. Elsewhere. But, it seems, no matter where they go, they always – I MEAN ALWAYS – come back.

That wasn’t always the case. In fact, before it was nothing more than back and forth. For the fear was unclear. I was going for broke, depleting my bank account, to watch Drake break a leg. That was never the case though; he broke it the concert before, and the after effects of that were insurmountable. The confidence evaporated into thin air. My rapport was no more. Now I had fear of losing her.

I did lose her, rather, she lost me. It was a reversal of fortune you see, a wheel that I kneeled before no longer. And the longer we parted, the more I realized she thwarted that path in which I once started.

She did me a favor, for the fear is nowhere near round these parts.


Next weeks topic is the taboo one, SEX.

Until Tomorrow.

Beached-out Smock, Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment