Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Messy Monday’s – Mother’s Day: The Bye Week




This Sunday, our hero’s didn’t meet due to the ever-popular holiday, Mother’s Day. However, I did want to take the time to thank one of my biggest inspirations as a writer – my mother.

She was never a writer – only for shopping lists, and taking meticulous notes about information, and self-improvement. However, she was a voracious reader – thus influencing me in the long term to be a voracious reader – in turn, making me a seamless fit to write.

And my Mom is an inspiration to me – for this is the first time I’ve spent Mother’s Day without her alive, and since her passing has been an endless source of inspiration when I have writer’s block. I just think of her and remember how upset she’d be if I didn’t live to my fullest potential. Therefore, I like keeping my pen kinetic.

In a sense, I’m sad that she’ll never see her son be a published, successful author. But at the same time, I know that if it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t be this far.

So I write this to my Mom – I love you Mom, if it wasn’t for you, there would be no Writer’s Smock. If it weren’t for you, there wouldn’t be a writer in me. And of course, if it wasn’t you, there wouldn’t be a me.

And after that sentiment, we will be back to our regularly scheduled smock posts.

Until next time!

Ralph, Numero Uno Smocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment