Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What To Write???


Pen – Check!

Paper – Check!

Myself – Check!

Idea of what to write - ????


Last night, I had all the available listing of inscribed tangibles except a simple idea of “What To Write???”


Well, while thinking intensely of what I was in the mood to engrave into my empty notebook, I came up with nothing of interest; I suppose it was just one of those nights of writer’s block. Enlightened inspiration was no where to be felt until I received an enthusiastic message from a Facebook buddy:


“Don’t think about it. Just put the pen to paper and see what comes out! Just share what comes out if it’s not too personal. Spread your art! ~ Anonymous


With illuminative excitement, I could not help but agree by responding:


“Word! I will paint freely with no regrets! (smiley emoticon)”


So, the statement “Spread your art!” really caught my eye. With those reverberating words, I took the advice and wrote whatever came to my consciousness and exercised my pen rigorously until I fed my paper enough ink to satisfy its insatiable hunger for vicarious thoughts.


Lesson Learnt:


As a reminder, don’t worry about what you write, before initiation; just transcribe whatever is on your mind. Brushing up and editing will come later.


Most importantly, enjoy the moment rather than focus on how the inscribed façade is going to be displayed for viewing pleasure.


Thank you anonymous Facebook buddy!


I bid adieu for this week.


Until Next Time!


Jeff L.

Smock Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment